Tutorials, Tips and Tricks
These focus on a specific subject
- BTB Icons - Rather than trying to name or describe the icon, just post a picture of it.
- BTB and 3DSimEd Track Merging Tutorial - Seamlessly merge tracks using Bob's Track Builder and 3DSimEd.
- Tutorial: Making Smooth Corners in BTB - Tight corners can be very jagged, but there is a simple fix.
- Constant Radius Corners in Bob's Track Builder - A common feature of purpose built race tracks, but some trickery is required to make them.
- Perfect Straights in Bob's Track Builder - Also common to purpose built tracks, also requires some trickery.
- mipmapping-tutorial - What are Mipmaps, why are they needed and how they behave. Also includes correct road panel length and basic shaders introduction.
- Bump and Specular Map Creation - A step-by-step tutorial for creating good quality Bump- and Specmaps with Photoshop.
- Bump & specular & diffuse map Creator - a program on steam called Bitmap 2 material @ 29.99 cheap and does a good job
- Stepped (horizontal) SObjects - Useful for pit garages on slopes.
- AIW Fuel Usage Fix - How To! - How to fix the "AIW cars running out of fuel"
- Using XPacker to Make Precise Cross Sections - Do you need a point with exact coordinates?
- Simple Collisions - Maintain a decent frame rate by using very simple collision objects
- Updating an XPack - Inserting an updated XPack into a project that already uses an older version
Please note a lot of Blender tutorials are for older versions. In later versions some of the things/keyboard shortcuts are different.
- "Getting Started" videos - Introducing the interface, navigation and basic object editing.
- Creating a road/track by copying a section around a curve - This gives you a similar degree of control to what BTB gives you; modify the path and the road updated automatically without having to be rebuilt, and textures/cross sections can be edited with ease.
- Creating a simple road (not the only way, but it works)
- Terrain mapping with Blender - make a texture "flow" along terrain rather than tiling. This can also be used to properly map a track texture if it doesn't already flow.
Track building forums, lists of videos etc
- Rallyesim (Française):
page revision: 27, last edited: 09 Apr 2015 23:05